Sunday 10 February 2013

facts and figures


First of all, I don't mean this to be in any way and expression of dismay or a request for sympathy, it is just an observation of a fact. Truth can set us free.

Last Thursday I visited a vascular surgeon for my (so far) fairly mild case of varicose veins. I fell over a few weeks ago and the injury to my leg became infected. My GP said the varicose veins could predispose me to infections, so it was worth looking at.

The surgeon had a look and gave me some options. These were based on his calculation that I have a likelihood of remaining on this earth for 26 more years. When I walked the Camino I calculated 20, so it is good to get a bit extra from the surgeon. I know we are recommended to take one day at a time, but I find it useful to consider

3 comments:

  1. that's no good about the infection- i know someone who had veins done and after having to wear tight stockings after the operation everything was great

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you make those 26 years count rather than count those 26 years, you may get quite a few more bonus years added onto that number. Maybe I should take a dose of my own advice. I think you are already doing a much better job of that than I am. Regards ChrisM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mean to be rude but "26 more years" sounds like a sales pitch to me!! That said, I hope you have 40!

    ReplyDelete