Wednesday 18 September 2013

Tourist things


 I spent yesterday doing lazy sightseeing, mostly from the "hop on, hop off" bus. I did the uptown, downtown and Brooklyn tours. All good and informative and entertaining commentary. Then I finished with a boat tour around Manhattan at dusk and saw the Statue of Liberty close up.
On the advice of one of the guides I had dinner in Greenwich Village.
There was no time to visit a museum, especially when I saw the queues outside them. I don't regret this, I find museums and art galleries hard work and I rarely know what I'm looking at.

3 comments:

  1. Bus tours are great for seeing a lot of a city in a short time without too much effort.

    I agree about museums and art galleries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine will be happy that the Statue of Liberty was designed by Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, who was born in Colmar in the Alsace region of France. Regards Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things you learn each day Chris!! I knew the Statue of Liberty was a gift to the people of America from France but did not know that the designer had been born in Colmar - a favourite place that I have visited in France and the home of one of the newly-found younger relatives, Virginie! I have only recently made contact with her. Elaine

    ReplyDelete