Sunday 21 September 2014

Here in Assisi

At last! I'm in Assisi! To be honest, I was glad to leave Rome. I think it would be easier to visit Rome in winter. It's hard work when there are a lot of tourists.
I came here by train, the person next to me was a Franciscan priest from Rome who was was going to Terna to say Mass over the weekend. Of course, he knew a lot about the places around here.
At the moment I'm having a Forst beer,next to a group of Germans.
There are storm clouds in the distance, but it's sunny at the moment.
I'll go down to the hotel where I'm staying to tell them is like to have dinner there tonight, them I'll look around town and make plans for going to Mass at the basilica tomorrow. Assisi is bigger than I expected. It's a longish walk to the basilica from here.

Posted via Blogaway

2 comments:

  1. I love Assisi. It's like stepping into the past. Try and get to morning prayer and Mass at San Damiano. It's in Italian but there are books to help you follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found St Damiano on the map, it is about 1 km outside Assisi, I plan to go there. The basilica is beautiful, but I have to day that in comparison to Lourdes, there are many more non religious tourists and expensive shops.

      Delete