Monday 22 September 2014

Planning

I have been having a couple of beers in my now favourite bar in Assisi, while doing some planning for my first day's walking on Wednesday.
Sandy Brown, who is writing a guidebook for this route, suggests a choice of an easy or difficult route from Assisi to Spello. The German "Outdoor" guide book suggests the difficult route, which follows the Red/white route 50 sign posts.
I had intended to do the easy route, but it is the difficult route which goes past the Eremo delle Carceri where St Francis lived for a while (half way up the 800m hill nearby (gulp)). The Franciscan priest I met on the train here recommended this, so I will try the difficult route after all.
I will also try to book accommodation tomorrow for my night in Spello on Wednesday night. The Outdoor guide book recommends either a convent or one of the hotels there.
I'll try the convent first, then the hotel.
I may be the only person doing this climb on Wednesday.


Posted via Blogaway

2 comments:

  1. Did you get to the Porziuncola at Santa Maria degli Angeli? That's a nice walk from Assisi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to go there tomorrow. Apart from everything else, Sandy Brown tells me I can get a second stamp there in my Credenziale.

      Delete