Friday 26 September 2014

Leaving Spoleto

I left the car at the Avis office at Frolingo, then caught the train to Spoleto. The B&B I was heading for was under repair, so I went up the hill to the convent, where I had a very good night's sleep.
I booked the next night at Ceselli, and this morning I started really walking, across thus bridge out of Spoleto.
There are trail markings, but Sandy Brown's GPS tracks are a big help.
All roads lead to Rome, but choosing the one with your bed at the end of it is important.
An  observation about Italian drivers: I'm surprised how patient they are. A few times I was dithering and holding someone up, but there were none of the cranky horns you would get in Sydney. I suppose this us in the countryside, but the roads are still sometimes busy. Anyway, thank you, calm and patient Italian drivers.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment