Saturday 27 September 2014

Revised plan

I'm about to walk up the hill here to see the monastery.
I just booked the next two nights:

Sunday night at B&B Il Borgo, Ferentillo,
Monday night Millennium Hotel Terni.

The plan now is to walk to Ferentillo tomorrow (it should be a leisurely walk along the river)
On Monday morning, catch the 7.30 bus to Terni. This is the big town around here. It is not on any of the pilgrim routes, but since I'm here, I should visit St Valentine's birthplace!

As interesting as hills are, you don't get much practice at Italian by speaking to trees and rocks, so I'm avoiding the long tracks through the bush.

I may spend 2 days in Terni, there may be bus tours up to Poggio Bustoni in the hills. This is an important town on the pilgrimage route.
Then I'll go to the other big town here, Rieti. After that, I'll rejoin the St Francis pilgrimage route for the last 70km into Rome.
I'll try to time it to be in Rome on Wednesday 8th October for the weekly Angelus with Pope Francis.
In Assisi there was a notice to say he would be there for the feast of St Francis on 4th October, so I hope he will be back in Rome by the 8th.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment