Thursday 8 November 2012

Fisterra

Yesterday I took a bus trip to see Cape Finisterre (or Fisterra in the Galician language), which has been considered the most Western Point of Europe.Fortunately it was a very sunny day, and rain is forecast here for the next couple of days.
Very interesting to see the sea, and reminiscent of Sydney with seaside towns and distant views of the capes down the coast to Portugal. There were also lots of gum trees to remind me of Australia. Our guide told us that the planted pine and eucalyptus forests supply a lot of the wood for Spain.

When I returned around 9pm, Bill an American I have me told me that he saw the large thurible being used in the Cathedral at 7.30pm Mass. Sorry I missed it, but I am glad that Bill`s committment to Mass was rewarded. It must have been spectacular, from Bill´s description of it.

Today I am returning to Belgium for a little while and because of the travel system I am going via Oporto in Portugal. I am spending a day there to take the opportunity to see a bit of Oporto. My SIM card will no longer work there, so I probably won´t be able to make any blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment