Friday 25 October 2013

Good intentions

I have been reading the various guide books here and I learn that one of the local boys in Bordeaux was François Mauriac. He writes fairly short books and he won a Nobel Prize, so I invested €1.80 in one of his books which I will make every effort to read.

I also just bought a magazine from a nice African man in a newsagent here and I was lamenting the fact that Sydney was over 30 degrees now. He suggested that I should stay here until Christmas.
This is not possible, but I respect his opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Presumably the book is in French. I have trouble reading a book in English. No chance in French! Happy reading my multi-lingual friend. By the way, I think I would prefer the summer heat here to the winter cold there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good intention; follow the 4 seasons. Here fall is in all beauty; nacht und nebel. Time for reading and toasting on your French discoveries. No Brigitte, Madeleine or Stephanie in sight ?

    ReplyDelete