Tuesday 1 October 2013

Le Rouget


Above is a chapel to St Roch which we passed today. I confess I had never heard of St Roch until last year in Spain. He seems to be 2IC to St James on the Camino.
I have been lucky enough to have met Marie and Jean-Pierre who have been very kind and helpful and told me about the last 2 Gites.
Last night I had a wonderful meal: a thin vegetable soup followed by a green salad. Then chicken and mushrooms from the local fields. The mushrooms tasted like none I have had: soft and tasty like sweetmeats.
We are now staying at a farm run by Mme Piq. Evidence that it is a real farm is that you walk through a large barn full of recently harvested hay to get to the pilgrim accommodation. I'm looking forward to the meal tonight.

My knee feels fine now. I am walking 15km or less per day and so far I have had no trouble with blisters or toes. Maybe this is a good plan

2 comments:

  1. In Lourdes staat ook een beeld van Sint Rochtus, met schelpen versierd. Je hebt precies het juiste ritme gevonden et maintenant parler francais avec les copains de route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik probeer een stukje francais te spreeken.

      Delete