Monday 7 October 2013

The low, flat road to Estaing

I stayed at the convent this morning for 10 am Mass:
I was worried that this would make it difficult to get to Estaing, where I had booked a gite for Sunday night.
When I left town, I took a wrong turn and found myself walking beside the D-987 main road instead of the Camino. It happens that this is one of the few places where the Camino and the main road run in parrallel, so I was walking on a flat road instead of the climbs and descents of the Camino. And it is 4km shorter. Is this providence, or what?
I am now completing my lazy Sunday at the Cafe du Lac in Estaing, working my way through their menu of beer, red wine and hot chocolate.


3 comments:

  1. Nice picture of the renewed convent churchtower. Providence for the road but be provident with the stomach, bier na wijn is venijn, wijn na bier is plezier, chocomelk ervoor, erna of ertussen is vloeken in de kerk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, You seem to be visiting so many churches along your way that if a little providence doesn't find its way into your life, you wonder whose life will ever be so touched. Regards Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The views are amazing and it sounds like the food is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete