Friday 18 October 2013

Rocamadour

I took a train (a trip of about an hour) to Rocamadour station.
This turned out to be a sleepy and deserted station 3km from the medieval town. I no longer feel like walking, so fortunately Taxi Pat was available to get me here.
Rocamadour is built on a side of one steep cliff. On the other side is the "Hospitalite" where the medieval pilgrims were fed and housed before walking the last km to the church.
The best view of the church and medieval town is from the Hospitalite, and these are the best I can do from inside the town:




Of course there is a street of souvenir shops, but after lunch I'll take the lift up to the church.

2 comments:

  1. Moderne pelgrim op wieltjes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a charming place to visit , Paul, and perhaps you also could want to live there.

    ReplyDelete