Sunday 20 October 2013

Lourdes and a small, small world

I spent this morning in the train traveling from Cahors to Lourdes.
There were not many people at Lourdes railway station so I started walking to the centre of town to the tourist information to find somewhere to stay. Then a helpful German man told me where the "Accueil Jacquaire" is. (Ie the gite for pilgrims walking the Camino.
On the way I saw this view of the fort. I don't know yet what is the history of the fort. (Note the Hotel Antwerp in the foreground).

The gite is very welcoming. Then I found that the German man who guided me to the gite and is staying here met (in Geneva many weeks ago) one of the German people I walked with for a while. Small world eh?

My clothes (and myself) are very smelly by now, so I have been doing washing before going down to the town and the basilica.

By the way, this is the view from the washing line at the gite I am staying in here:


3 comments:

  1. Dag Paul, you are a real pelgrim now. Best place in Lourdes and always friendly people there. Give those hospitaleros my best regards, many holy memories of long time ago are coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the photos are so heavenly, I think I must be seeing an apparition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apparition is still Lourdes with his shops, pubs and ordinary praying people; said Paul after one or more Leffes.

    ReplyDelete