Monday 15 October 2012

Bad day

Today has been a bad day. It is cold, windy with black threatening clouds, although I haven't seen much rain yet. I started about 35 km from Burgos and walked 15km through a pine plantation. It was like walking to Sydney through the Belangelo state forest on a cold, rainy day. There was an open church, but no Mass because the priest is in Burgos.
I booked into an albergue in a tiny town 20km from Burgos, then had a brain snap. There are no buses on Sunday, but I found a taxi who would take me to Bugos for 30 Euros. It was money well spent to get out of there. I'm not sure how I'll get back to my albergue, but hopefully I'll find a taxi.
There are queues of people buying tickets to see Burgos cathedral, but there is a Mass at 7.30pm and apparently I'll be allowed into that for free.


- Posted using BlogPress

Location:Lugar de la Granja Mijaradas,Hurones,Spain

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day for a walk!!! These tough days are obviously the real challenge of the Cimino. Hope it's warmer and sunny tomorrow to keep up your spirits! Elaine

    ReplyDelete