Thursday 11 October 2012

Practical details

I have come to the conclusion that there is no point in doing hand washing of clothes at the end of the day. Even if I do it at 3pm, the clothesline at every place is in the shade and my clothes are still wet the next day. The recommended method is to tie them to your pack, but they end up covered in dust and need washing again.
There are enough places with waders and driers to do it all when they are available.
Fortunately my quick drying towel is dry enough each day to be packed away.
My toe still hurts, but a Canadian man showed me a bandage tune you can buy at the farmacia. If I put a normal bandage on my toe, then cover it with the tube, it is ok for about 5km. Then it starts hurting again because the tube slips a bit. If I stop and readjust it, I'm ok for another 5km. A bit complicated but. It works.
I have now covered about 250km, a third of the Camino, so I'm interested to see how my feet issues will change. Yesterday I did 30km and I think I'm still ok. Today will be slower because of the rain.


- Posted using BlogPress

Location:Calle de las Parras,Nájera,Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment