Monday 29 October 2012

Villafranca del Bierzo






Having just passed the line of 200km to go, I'm staying at Villafranca del Bierzo. This is a wine area, and they say it has a microclimate suitable for grapes, which I suppose means the surrounding hills create the climate. Unfortunately this also means we have to climb over one of the hills tomorrow in order to continue to Santiago.
The sky was clear and blue today, which meant it was cold in the morning. If it is clear tomorrow, I'll wear my new beanie.
(Bart: a beanie is a cap to keep your head warm, such as for skiing. It is probably an American word, I don't know where it comes from).

I'm staying with some Canadians and an American that I haven't since the first week of the Camino, which is great.
- Posted using BlogPress

Location:Calle de Ribadeo,Villafranca del Bierzo,Spain

1 comment:

  1. Dag Paul, I do not notice a beanie on the landmark. Next picture Paul with een skipots op zijn kop. Indeed Villafranca is an old Frankisch dorp, remember the sweet Rhine-wine. Skol.

    ReplyDelete