Saturday 6 October 2012

Maneru




I've stopped at a little village called Maneru. This doesn't appear in some of the guides, but it does have an auberge. As it happens, 5 of the 9 residents tonight are from Australia. Unfortunately, there are no restaurants, and the only supermarket closed early today. As the sign said,"disculpos por las molestas".
There is, however, a bar full of well dressed people who arrived in 2 coaches for a wine tasting at the bodega here. No food available, though. I am told some bread snacks and tortillas will be available from 8pm.
While waiting, I noticed the sign above on the wall outside the bar. At first I thought it was about the Compostella de Santiago. On closer inspection, it turns out to be an offer of advice about compost. Precision is important with language.

Location:Calle de la Fe,MaƱeru,Spain

2 comments:

  1. Hope you got something to eat eventually!Any of the Aussies from Sydney that you're likely to keep in touch with? Yes, you're a quarter of the way through your grand adventure now. Glad you're having good walking weather and so obviously enjoying the whole experience - it's raining and a bit gloomy in Sydney today! Daylight saving starts tonight. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paul . I hope you are having a lovely day , I'm pleased that you have some Pelgrims fron Australia that you can talk with. The picture fron Navarra University Remainded me when I was doing my stidies in 1991.
    Thank you for share with your friends you Adventura
    You are doing very well. Dios te bendiga y acompane tu caminar.AmParo

    ReplyDelete